The goal of the Hackathon was to produce a mobile app that had something to do with finance. Participants received bonus points for developing apps for Microsoft Windows phones, as well as using various APIs, and/or adding VOIP/Voice/SMS communications to an app using the Twilio API.
Team Fig Leaf Software wanted the app they created to have the following features:
- Look and feel like a native Windows Mobile phone (as well as be compatible across a broad range of other mobile devices)
- Integrate voice/sms features from Twilio
- Calculate currency conversion based on the current exchange rates via a third-party API
- Link to a back-office database that would help facilitate matching compatibile requests
- Translate requests and messages into different languages via the Google Translate API